Welcome to Dunlap Love!
Here you will find plush friends with lots of personality to make life-long companions. They each have their own story, get to know each one! They are quite funny and are learning some important lessons about life and who they were made to be. The Land of Dunlapia is where they live and they cannot wait to come home to you to share their adventures!
About the Designer
Hi! I am Kaylyn. I live in Charlotte, NC with my five incredible kids. I am passionate about imagination and storytelling, and how they can encourage children to know their own unique place in the world. As an Enneagram 4w3, I also love rare + beautiful things and I am always looking for how my passions can be used for meaning and the good of others. It also means I have a lot of big feelings and love romantic comedies while trying to accomplish some big dreams. I am living my best life when I am doing epic made-up bed time stories and whisking my children away to made up lands full of unlikely characters.
Here are a couple more things you should know about me:
1. I am a theatrical gal and would one day like to be in a musical.
2. Disney World is my happy place. (also add that I cry at every Disney movie)
3. I could eat Chipotle every single day, but always with guac.
4. We take Halloween costumes really serious.
5. I grew up in Florida and dreamed of moving to North Carolina with seasons, so I did.
6. I hate the word Hustle and prefer to live with margin and intentional rest.
7. If there was an opportunity to move to NYC it would be a no questions asked YES. I would take my whole family in a heartbeat.
8. I love motherhood. Truly. Yes, I don't love parts of it (like poop in the bathtub + screaming toddler life) but these kids are just fun and being their mom is my greatest gift in this life.
9. I want to travel as much as possible. Ireland is currently on my #1 bucket list spot.
10. Markets and meeting you is my very favorite part of it all!
How it all got started:
Dunlap Love began in 2007 when I started hand stitching quirky plush toys for my own daughter that birthed a love of creating for others. My friends started asking for toys too, so I quickly bought a sewing machine and taught myself how to use it. The years since have been full of original designs and a whole lot of hands on learning. There is a myth out there that I am a master seamstress and I am here to tell you that is just not true. Don't ask me for sewing machine help either. I am not your girl.
The Land of Dunlapia launched in 2015 with a desire to create a world where children can connect to their plush friend through story + play, fostering low tech play and encouraging emotional connection. You can read each character's bio to get to know them a bit. A children's storybook launch is in the works where you will get to know them even more!
Thank you so much for supporting our small handmade shop!